Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

How to use Metastock eod data

Started by Irwan, April 13, 2018, 03:46:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irwan

Good morning,

a question: how can i configure Stockalyze to read and use my Metastock eod data?

Thank you,
Irwan

Sacha

You can go to "Data->Change Database" and select Metastock data in the appearing dialog.
Please try it and let me know if you face any problem.

Thanks,
Sacha.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Irwan

Thank you, i have done the actions you gave.

Then i enter NEW CHART, Stockalyze then enter a list of all the stocks in my metastock folder (around 60) and when i choose
one stock (e.g. AAPL or CSCO) i got a windows error screen (stockalyze.exe has stopped working).

Please see attachment for the screen shot.

Please help, thank you,
Irwan

Sacha

This is certainly very sad to here. I hope the Metastock data you have is good. I would like to see the problem myself. If you want we can use Google Remote Desktop to collaborate and see the problem happening on your computer. If you are willing then please let me know your convenient time.

Thanks,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Irwan

The metastock data i have is good because i can read it with metastock and other software on my laptop. It might be difficult for me to organize a remote connection because i live outside usa (in asia) and there is a time difference. Mostly if in usa is daytime in my place it is night time or even after midnight.

I have other suggestion: can i send you my complete metastock folder (zipped it is around 4 MB only) and you can recreate the problem on your site. You could just extract the zip file to a new folder on your site and try to process it by stockalyze. If this is possible please indicate to me to which email i can send this 4MB data.

Thank you very much,
Irwan

Sacha

I have sent you an email and you can reply to that with the data.
Also, please let me know the exact steps that leads to crash..

Thanks,
Sacha

Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Irwan

i have already sent the data to your email, do you receive?

irwan

Sacha

Yes, I received the data. Thank you.
It is not crashing for me but I do see that we have problem deciphering the format of data you have.
I am not sure if the data is indeed correct. Can you use this metastock data with other application? Can you confirm if the data is infact valid?

Thanks,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Irwan

Hi,

i can use the data i have sent you in several programs (Metastock, Metastock downloader) without problem.

I have sent you an email with screenshots of these programs processing my metastock folder.

best regards,
Irwan

Sacha

Thank you for reporting this problem. It was a very old metastock data format and Stockalyze wasn't handling it properly. It is now fixed and installer has been updated. Please download again and run the installer.

Please let me know if you find any issue.

Thanks,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Irwan

Hi admin,

yes, it works now after new install, at least i can display charts from the stocks in my metastock folder.

I have questions:

- can i run "Backtest" from all stocks in my metastock folders in once or do i have to run the backtest multiple times for the whole folder (one stock per run)?

-If i would purchase 6 months subscription first and after say 2 weeks i want to change to perpetual license, can i pay only the difference in the price between subscription and perpetual license?

Best regards,
Irwan

Sacha

Yes you can run backtest on multiple symbols in one go. You can test multiple systems with multiple symbols in one go. This feature is available for few limited systems in Lite mode too so you can try it yourself.

Regarding upgrading to perpetual with difference in price. Sorry, that is not possible.
The cost of Stockalyze is not much you can decide which one you want to buy.

Thanks,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends