Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

how to set and / or interpret the M (during) and N (previous) days in conditions?

Started by Joel, February 21, 2017, 04:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel

Dear Sacha,

I am not sure, when playing with the trading systems how to set and / or interpret the M (during) and N (previous) days in conditions? E.g. take the ADOSC TS, the MACD condition is set to occur during M 5 and N 0 previous. I guess the N 0 stands for today but what does M 5 mean? When I set m 0 (or whichever) and n 5 and close, the tool set M back to 5 and N to whichever I put. M 1 and N 1 gives set the condition to occur the previous day, how would I set a condition to at least occur once in the past 3 days, m3n3?

Many thanks again for your support

Joel

Sacha

Hi Joel,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have given answers to your questions below. I have rearranged questions in the order I think will be best to understand the whole thing. Please go through it and let me know if you have any other questions.

> how would I set a condition to at least occur once in the past 3 days, m3n3?

No, it should be M=3 and N=0. This will test if the condition has occurred between 3 days ago and today.

M=3 and N=3 will test if condition occurs exactly 3 days ago.

> I guess the N 0 stands for today but what does M 5 mean?

M=5 means duration for condition to occur starts 5 days ago. Value of N specifies when the duration ends.

> When I set m 0 (or whichever) and n 5 and close, the tool set M back to 5 and N to whichever I put.

It's because M should be less than or equal to N. M specifies the start of duration and N specifies the end.

> If you allow me another question, ...

Please. That's what I am here for.

Thanks for choosing Stockalyze,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends