Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

a suggestions

Started by jeni, November 07, 2017, 03:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeni

on the Find stock ideas function, it would be cool if you could add your own columns.. or at least add the volume column and also sort on the columns

Sacha

Sort on column will be cool and we will add this in next update.
I could not understand the 'add your own columns' part.
Please elaborate.

Thanks,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

jeni

Add your own column:  right now in the finding stock idea's, you have the following column headings:   symbol, trading system, signal date, signal date closing price, etc etc.   In some windows programs you can right click at the top where the headings are and then pick what columns you want to appear.  If you use windows, open the windows explorer, click on a drive and at the top you will see "name", "date", type etc ..   Move your cursor so it hovers over date, for example and then right click... you will MORE columns you can add.... adding volume in your program, for example, would be a big help, along with the sort you had mentioned you were already going to add.

jeni

another suggestion... in your indicators, you don't have a  > or equal.. or a < or equal.... you leave out the equal..

Sacha

Quote from: jeni on November 07, 2017, 05:48:42 PM
another suggestion... in your indicators, you don't have a  > or equal.. or a < or equal.... you leave out the equal..
I guess you asked about condition operators that are used to define Trading Systems. "Less than or equal" and "greater than or equal" are purposefully left out to keep things simple. Indicator values are floating numbers and so in most cases <= or >= almost mean < or >.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Sacha

Quote from: jeni on November 07, 2017, 03:45:41 PM
Move your cursor so it hovers over date, for example and then right click... you will MORE columns you can add.... adding volume in your program, for example, would be a big help, along with the sort you had mentioned you were already going to add.

I understand, you want customization of columns. Thanks for clarification. We will think about it.
I didn't get what volume will mean in Find Stock Ideas report. A further explanation will be great.

Thanks,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

jeni

well.. lets say you use find stock ideas and it comes up with 100 items.  if you could sort on volume, for example, then you could find the items that had the highest volume and you might want to open those first.   as it is now, if 100 items come up, you have to look at all 100 to find out who had enough volume you would even consider trading with that stock...

Sacha

I see what you mean but relying on last day volume is not something you will probably want. May be you will want to sort on average volume of last few days, and that makes things a bit complicated.
Anyways it's definitely a nice suggestion and we will brainstorm it more.

Thanks,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

jeni

understood.  i am a metastock user.. in metastock after getting the explorations i always sorted on volume.  it was just a quick way to pick items that had really high volume.. in other words, given a choice between a stock that has 500,000 vs 20,000 i would pick the 500,000 stock... have used it for many years in metastock and it always gave good results... i understand if you're not able to do it however... no problem

Sacha

Hi Jeni,
Both these enhancements you had asked for are now part of new Stockalyze that we have very recently released. I wish this could have been released earlier. Now we have moved to version free Stockalyze where we will be releasing frequently and I hope long wait will be the things of the past.
Please give it a try and let me know if you have questions.

Thanks,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends