Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

Import CSV?

Started by Ivan, March 25, 2019, 09:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan

Possible to import local history data in csv format?

Sacha

As of now it is not. Do let me know your use case then I can think of adding this feature for general purpose use.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Sacha

Hi,
Stockalyze with new update is now beta. You can download beta version from here. Followings are the new entrants into Stockalyze:

• Many new time frames (i.e. chart periodicity): 10 minutes, 2 hr, 3 hr, and 4 hr chart periods are now possible.
  • ASCII data import: Now import ASCII data in CSV format and use that in Stockalyze.
  • Metastock data import: While Stockalyze supported Metastock data earlier too but now it is more streamlined as another data source. With this update you can use all data sources like Yahoo, Tiingo, Alphavantage, ASCII data source, and metastock data sources simultaneously.
  • Many bug fixes and improvements: Many issues reported by users and found internally have been resolved and fixed and some improvements have also been made.

Documentation of above features are still in the making but I hope it is easily discoverable and can be used.

It will be great if you can provide your feedback as the new additions contain your requested feature/improvements too.

Happy Stockalyzing.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Ivan

Great news indeed!!!!
Now when I try to use csv for pooint and figure(it says SUCCESS during import of all fields and columns) I get this (look at image) and nothing is happening...."Waiting for price history"....
Also I noticed if "closing price" is selected - the program crashes.

Ivan

Could it be problem with date/timestamp?

Ivan

Found this .... maybe the import did not go so well after all???....

Sacha

QuoteNow when I try to use csv for pooint and figure(it says SUCCESS during import of all fields and columns) I get this (look at image) and nothing is happening...."Waiting for price history"....
Also I noticed if "closing price" is selected - the program crashes.

Thank you for letting me know. I can see this myself. Will fix it soon.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Sacha

I have fixed the crash.
The problem is that Point and Figure chart still doesn't support intraday data. This is something that will be available soon and I am working on it. So, you can expect error to be shown when you try to create P&F chart with intraday data but it should not crash. Quote editor too only works with EoD data. Quote editor will get overhauled soon.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends