Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

New release with Improved portfolio tracker (Beta)

Started by Sacha, June 07, 2019, 01:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacha

We have just released beta version of Stockalyze that contains new improved portfolio tracker.
Now portfolio and watchlist tracker shows chart within itself ( see image). We think it will be a good experience.
You can download beta version from https://stockalyze.com/download/beta.html. You don't need to uninstall existing Stockalyze.
Please share your thoughts and suggestions regarding this.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Tony

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!

This is awesome. I was constantly opening charts individually, but now, hands free charting.

Thank you for being proactive in developing this feature.

Love it!!!

Tony

Sacha

I am glad you liked it. As of now it is still in development and I am aware about few improvements that should be done. In case you have some suggestions please let us know.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Mauricio

Hi Sacha.
The idea is very good but It needs some improvement to be better than the current version.
The main thing is to adjust the chart to fit the area. I have my charts configured with indicators and buy/sell marks that fit the whole screen. In the new version I need to scroll drown the chart to see the indicators. It takes more clicks to see everything than the current version.
So, suggestions: to adjust the chart and be able to expand it to full screen if wanted, to visualize all details. Obviously, compress it back to the original size.
Congrats on the idea and the quality of the software.

Sacha

Thanks for you review Mauricio.

QuoteThe main thing is to adjust the chart to fit the area. I have my charts configured with indicators and buy/sell marks that fit the whole screen. In the new version I need to scroll drown the chart to see the indicators. It takes more clicks to see everything than the current version.
So, suggestions: to adjust the chart and be able to expand it to full screen if wanted, to visualize all details. Obviously, compress it back to the original size.
Congrats on the idea and the quality of the software.

The splitter between chart and stock-list panes will be made adjustable. Is that what you want? Also, regarding opening of chart in new window, you can still do it by double clicking on stock as usual and the chart will be shown in a separate window as before. The chart in window will be exact clone of what you have in the portfolio tracker.

So, all in all a readjustability of chart pane is what you think is required?
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Mauricio

Yes Sacha, readjustability of the panes would make it very good.

Sacha

QuoteYes Sacha, readjustability of the panes would make it very good.
It is now done along with all the possible improvements I had in plan. Please install again from https://stockalyze.com/download/beta.html and let me know if there are any concerns. In all possibilities this is what will be the official release. So, let me know if you find anything worth improving.

Thanks.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Tony

I think a new problem was introduced.
When I enter a new transaction(Buy) the Transaction price in the "summary" line, there is one dollar added to the transaction. If you expand to see the individual transaction, that price is correct. So, immediately the Gain column reflects incorrect (negative) gains.

Thanks,
Tony

Tony

Addition to previous post. All the portfolios vary in the problem.
Some have 20 cents added to the Transaction price and others have 12 cents added. But all the individual lines (expanded) are correct.
It appears something is left over in a buffer that is part of the portfolio calculations.
Just a wild guess.

Tony

Sacha

Hi Tony,
I tried the same and it worked as expected. Can you please share more details? Did you provide Commission value for the transaction? That will affect the average price of a position while individual transaction will show only the buy/sell price.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Tony

I normally enter a commission, but without a commission it shows incorrect values.
I have attached a screenshot of "AAC" stock with a purchase price of .9199, but the transaction price shows 1.9199 with no commission added. Also the Investment is incorrect.
Now I'm confused to find rhyme or reason.
See attached screenshot.

Tony

Sacha

This is surprising and thanks for letting me know. I will correct it for sure. Can you please send me your portfolios.xml file? That will help me understand this problem better. You can find this file at "%appdata%\Lunetek Software\Stockalyze", just copy-paste this address in Windows explorer or Run window (without quotes). You can also send me this file privately if you want to.

I am waiting for the file. :)
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Tony

I'll send the file, but I discovered that maybe the commission is not getting flushed as I entered another transaction WITH a commission, which was correct, then followed it with a transaction without a commission and the second transaction was incorrect.

Tony

Sacha

Hi Tony,
Thanks for this file. There was a small error in case of "Commission" present and that is no longer present in the latest uploaded beta version.
Regarding "Commission" not getting flushed, please report me if you see that problem again. I tried but it is always cleared.

Thanks again for giving your feedback. :)
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends