Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

Charting a 'New' Ticker Crashes Stockalyze

Started by Tony, May 31, 2019, 11:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I entered UBER as a new security.
I have a default chart template setup to include the MACD indicator along with other indicators and zones.
I get an exception error when I try to chart the UBER ticker. I have to "abort" to close Stockalyze.
If I remove all indicators and zones, it displays the chart (Price, Volume)
I then tried to add the indicators, one at a time. When I enter the MACD indicator it crashed Stockalyze.
Now, I don't want the MACD or any indicators for that matter, for an IPO, but can Stockalyze be setup to ignore the default chart and use a basic (Price, Volume) when there is not sufficient data to display/calculate the indicators or zones?

Sacha

Hi Tony,
I regret that you experienced a problem and thanks a lot for isolating it and reporting it in clear language. I much appreciate it.
It helped me fix the problem and I have updated the installer. You can download the installer and run it, you don't need to uninstall existing Stockalyze.
The fix is that in case of insufficient data the zone is left empty. I think it is good enough for such cases? In case you think other behavior can be more appropriate than please let me know.

Please let me know if I can help you in any other things.

Thanks,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Tony

I don't know how you do it but, you're just awesome. You did that so fast and works perfectly.

Thanks,
Tony

Sacha

Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends