Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

Charts format varies along the fortfolio

Started by Mauricio, June 19, 2019, 08:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mauricio

Hello Sasha,
After the two last updates, the chart shown in the window changes it format erratically. The first two stocks in the portfolio use the chart templste stored and shows correctly. Then the next four does not show the buy/sell indicator. The sixth one shows them correctly again. Down the portfolio, the scale changes. Template is a 6M window and then it changes again.
I didn't have this problem in the beta versions I tested.

Sacha

This looks very surprising. Can you please send me the portfolio file and I will try at my end?
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Mauricio

Annex I'm sending the portfolio, the indicator and the chart template. By the way, some stocks in the portfolio and watchlists were added manually, since the SW didn't find them in Brazil Stock Exchange, even though I can see them using Yahoo.

Sacha

Hi Maurico,
Thank you for sending these files. I could see the "problem".
For the stock you don't see buy/sell signal, if you scroll towards left then you will see the signals on chart. So, most certainly it is the Trading System that is not generating signal for those duration that is visible on chart. Please confirm if you think there should be signals during that time as well.

Regarding dramatic change of scale. I see this problem but it is triggered by stocks like GUAR3, or HGLG11. Please allow me to explain.

When you change the stock in portfolio/watchlist view then it is NOT the default template that is used for new chart but an ad-hoc template is created from the previous chart and that is applied to new chart. It is done this way so that if you make any change in chart like resizing or adding any new indicator or any other change then that too is applied to new chart.

Now, in the case of GUAR3 or HGLG11, there isn't much data in last 6 months. You can check that by going to Quote Editor. When the stock with less data is selected then Stockalyze tries to show whatever little data is available into the full chart width and so the scale gets changed when such stock is selected. And since all chart parameters are applied to next stock you continue to see large scale even after selecting other stock.

I do see there is a problem but I will need to decide how exactly to fix it. I will take some time. In the meanwhile you can just apply the 6M zoom again when the scale is enlarged for the stock which has sufficient data.
Sorry for this lengthy explanation but I hope I have explained it clearly.
Thanks for reporting it. Any suggestion to improve would be welcome. :)

Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Mauricio

Sacha,
I checked with the old version without chart embedded in the window, and the buy/sell marks appear in all charts when I double click the stock. In this new version, the buy/sell marks only appeared in the first stock of the portfolio. But if right click the chart it shows in the menu options considering the buy/sell marks. I tried once to add the buy/sell marks again and they they appeared over the chart. If I double click the stock list it also doesn't show the buy/sell marks, not following the chart template stored.
I think it's very important to follow the template stored, so this is my suggestion. I will keep the old version fo a while, but will be testing all new releases. 

Sacha

Hi Maurico,
Thanks for confirming that signals indeed were wrong. I checked myself and they were sometimes wrong. I have now fixed both the issues you reported. The unusual scale will not be present when you move to stock that has the required data. Please try the beta build from here and let me know. If all goes well it will become the official update.

Thanks for reporting it,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Mauricio

Hi Sacha,
It looks ok to me. Indicators are shown in all charts and even when it changes the scale because of small series of data, it goes back to the template. Nice work and thenks.