Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

XML parsing error

Started by Tony, September 12, 2019, 04:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I'm using version build dated 9/8/3029 and when I launch it I get an error "XML parsing error: 'unclosed token' at line 27".

I thought it may be related to my alert file since I seem to have lost them.

I looked at the altert_repo file and it was missing the close "/>" symbol on the last line.

Once I corrected it all is fine.

These are the last few lines of the file BEFORE I corrected it:
  <AlertSetting Type="10" PriceOfInterest="25.0000">
    <Security Name="Yahoo!|US.AMEX.STOCK|ESP" LastEvaluationTime="20190910152401000">
      <Alert TimeStamp="20190812000000000" Status="2"/>
      <Alert TimeStamp="20190813000000000" Status="2"

Not sure how it removed or failed to put it in the file.

Tony

Sacha

:o I am surprised. To be honest I cannot think of a reason for this, unless the file is modified by hand outside of Stockalyze. If it happens again please let me know. I will try to find the reason.

Thank you for reporting. I very much appreciate your effort to let me know what you experience.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Tony

I have never opened this file except for yesterday to see if that was causing the error since I noticed I had lost the alerts when I displayed the portfolio.

One thing to note, I have had problems with my computer lately, causing me to power down and reboot.

I guess it's possible that I powered down while the file was being written back, if it does write back on closing the program.

Thanks,
Tony

Sacha

QuoteOne thing to note, I have had problems with my computer lately, causing me to power down and reboot.

I guess it's possible that I powered down while the file was being written back, if it does write back on closing the program.

You nailed it and I was suspecting something like this but it is very low probability. But anyways, I am glad it was because of some very rare scenario of powering off the computer at the "wrong" time. :)
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends