Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

How to avoid simultaneous long/short position in a trade system?

Started by Marcelo, October 15, 2019, 05:35:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcelo

Hi I'm trying to evaluate a tradesystem but I don't want to open multiple long/short position. How can I do that?
Thank you

Sacha

QuoteI don't want to open multiple long/short position. How can I do that?
Not sure I understood your question. During testing of a Trading System for a security only one position is created at any point of time. Once that position is closed then only new position is opened whenever there is new signal. So, it is already at most one position at any point of time. Did you mean something else? Please let me know.

One point here to note is that as of now backtesting only opens long positions. You can have a Trading System that can generate signals for long and short both and you can screen stocks for all sorts of signals but backtesting only tests long positions. That in future can change of course.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Marcelo

Hello Sasha, thanks for the quick reply. You're right, only one position is opened for backtest runs. I got confused when I added buy/sell signals on the eod chart from a trading system, in this case all signals are displayed.I thought the backtest data was displayed on the chart when I added buy/sell signals.

Thanks
Marcelo

Sacha

Cool.
Also while plotting buy/sell signals you can chose not to display all signals. See attached image.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends