Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

Many queries from few Brazilian traders

Started by Fernando, November 13, 2019, 06:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernando

If I click register it appear the following message.

Please make your first post using any of the feedback buttons available on main window of Stockalyze.

You will automatically get registered.

And I can't find those feedback buttons.

Sacha

What you did is precisely the way to get registered. We had to do it to control spammers. It was hell before we introduced this mechanism.

Please go ahead and ask your question. I will be happy to help you.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Fernando

Hi Sacha good morning. Among with Gustavo and a few others Brazilian traders we are starting to test Stockalyze for the Brazilian market.

Here a few considerations.

1- Importing ASCII data.
When importing ASCII data it would be very important to be possible to visualize the data already imported to do some quality assurance.
For example: Menu: Data, Quote Editor, Select the Security, see the data already imported. After the data imported, even successfully and showing the correct chart, the table is empty. Example in the picture named: Stock1 in attach.

2- It would be important too, to be able to amend data. Why? The most reliable tool to trade im Brazil just export data for the last 3 months so, we should be able to amend data from time to time, creating a very long period reliable database.

3- When we run a backtesting it would be important to see in the report, and not only see, navigate too, the chart with all entries and exits, so we can visualize the executed trades and see how we can optimize it. Example in the picture named: Stock2 in attach.

4- In creating a new strategy specially for daytrading it would be very important to:
- Have fields to specify:
     - From time to time that que are going to trade;
     - specify a target in the trading in points, ticks, or in % variation; and a loss too.
     - How many trades maximum to be executed at the day;
     - Be able to set a stop loss in the low or high of the last/previous candle and to enter in the trade in the low or high of the last/previous candle.
     - Be able to reverse the position en case of a stop loss.

5- I do no why but after a some ASCII importation tests, the data in the security is getting duplicated. Even if I delete the securities, when I do a new importation It comes up again. Example in the picture named: Stock3 in attach.

Kind regards,

Fernando Tulio.

Sacha

Hi Fernando, Gustavo and friends,
Thanks for your detailed query. Below are my responses.

Quote1- Importing ASCII data.
When importing ASCII data it would be very important to be possible to visualize the data already imported to do some quality assurance.
For example: Menu: Data, Quote Editor, Select the Security, see the data already imported. After the data imported, even successfully and showing the correct chart, the table is empty. Example in the picture named: Stock1 in attach.
We are aware Quote Editor needs improvement. But it is also not at all needed for ASCII data. I will explain. For quality assurance you can see the sample data in the ASCII Data import dialog itself and verify if that is correct.

Quote2- It would be important too, to be able to amend data. Why? The most reliable tool to trade im Brazil just export data for the last 3 months so, we should be able to amend data from time to time, creating a very long period reliable database.
It is already there and seamless :). When your ASCII file changes and you create a chart of that security or refresh an existing chart, any change in the ASCII file is automatically imported again. So, you can actually change or amend data into ASCII file and Stockalyze will pick the changes. That's why I said you don't need Quote Editor for ASCII data, use ASCII file as your Quote Editor.

Quote3- When we run a backtesting it would be important to see in the report, and not only see, navigate too, the chart with all entries and exits, so we can visualize the executed trades and see how we can optimize it. Example in the picture named: Stock2 in attach.
This is a nice suggestion and to be honest I myself wanted to have it. I will think of it and will do something about it, but it will take some time. In the meantime have you tried Signal Marker? Press Ctrl+4 in a chart and give the details. But yes it doesn't show exits because of stops.

Quote4- In creating a new strategy specially for daytrading it would be very important to:
- Have fields to specify:
     - From time to time that que are going to trade;
I could't understand this, please explain again.

- specify a target in the trading in points, ticks, or in % variation; and a loss too.
This is already added in new beta update. Please install beta again. Stockalyze already had Stop Loss, and Stop Drawdown. Now it also has Stop at Target and Stop after fixed number of candles. See attached backtest-stops.png. Please give it a try and let me know if it what you wanted.

- How many trades maximum to be executed at the day;
OK. I will give a thought on this.

- Be able to set a stop loss in the low or high of the last/previous candle and to enter in the trade in the low or high of the last/previous candle.
You can already specify on which price you want to Buy/Sell. Have a look at Trade section in Backtest Trading Systems dialog. See attached image backtest-specify-trade-prices.png. For stops let me think about it.

- Be able to reverse the position en case of a stop loss.
As of now Stockalyze only backtest long positions. We will add backtesting of Short positions too and then only reversing the position will be applicable. We will work on this.

Quote5- I do no why but after a some ASCII importation tests, the data in the security is getting duplicated. Even if I delete the securities, when I do a new importation It comes up again. Example in the picture named: Stock3 in attach.
Image is not clear, I cannot see anything at all. Please post higher resolution image.
One thing to note is that ASCII Data import (or for that matter even Metastock import) is NOT one time import. Stockalyze remembers the details of the imports and keeps updating it's data whenever there is a need. Data imports are surely about import but it is also about setting up a data-source (similar to Yahoo or Alphavantage) that Stockalyze looks upto when it thinks there might be new data. Also, the actual import of data only happens when the data is needed. If you just completed the ASCII data import dialog then no data actually gets imported. It happens only when you create a chart or do backtesting or other thing that needs data. Sorry for long explanation but I think it clarifies it.

Once again I thank you for your detail query and I will be happy to help you.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Fernando

Sacha, thank you for your answers. I know that my suggestions will take some time to implement in the software but I know that doing that will make the software more robust to any market. Besides, we are testing it among in a trading room with more than 200 daytrades and, if the tools fits our needs you will have more potential customers.

QuoteThis is a nice suggestion and to be honest I myself wanted to have it. I will think of it and will do something about it, but it will take some time. In the meantime have you tried Signal Marker? Press Ctrl+4 in a chart and give the details. But yes it doesn't show exits because of stops.
Ctrl+4 is a nice to have. I didn't about it. But it is not robust enough. As an inspiration you can see the following video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF7JZZvNPaY
from the wealth lab tool.

QuoteI could't understand this, please explain again.
It would be nice in daytrading to specify the period of time during the day that the trades will be executed. Example: from 9:30 to 16:00. The first trade will begin from 9:30 and beyond and all positions will be closed at 16:00 and nothing else will be executed. For example: The futures market in Brazil opens at 9:00 and closes at 18:00. At 9:00 the market is unstable and from 16:30 and beyond it loses liquidity.

QuoteImage is not clear
In attach a better image. File named: Stock4

Thank you for your attention.

Kind regards,

Tulio.

Gustavo

Hi Sacha and Túlio,

I make the words of Fernando mine too, Sacha. If you can (or, better said, when you can) implement those changes and upgrades in the software, a very BIG market will open for you in Brazil. We trade in a educational chat room with more than 200 traders - many daytraders, but many position and swing traders too - that would eagerly buy a license if those requirements would be met. Of course, we understand that it takes time and a lot of testing to change so many things... but, as always, we are craving for those implements to come to life! :) Nowadays we do our testing - Túlio and me - manually.... booooooooring as hell! LOL! And I myself have 40 backtestings to repeat in December (which I made for the first half of the year manually and are overdue now).... I reaaaaaaaaaly would like not to have to do it with pen and paper anymore!

Anyway, I write you to reinforce Túlio's words.

Hope you have a nice weekend.

Regards,

Gustavo Campos

Sacha

I understood the duplicate symbols issue. I will add functionality to remove existing ASCII Data import setup. As of now once you add it you cannot remove it.
Regarding the other suggestions, I will ponder on them and make improvements. Will post you about the decision and progress we make.
Please keep the suggestions coming. It is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Sacha

Please download latest beta. If the folder containing ASCII file is deleted (or renamed) then Stockalyze on startup deletes all symbols that was imported from that folder. So, it should fix duplicate symbol issue.

If all goes well this beta will be the official release. After that I will work on other features.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Fernando

Hi Sacha good afternoon. I have tested and It is perfectly working.
It does not not import duplicated files anymore and the exit of the trades in % are there.

Following a few other questions:
- I believe that you are still thinking at how or when you are going to implement the functionalities that I told you about day trading. Am I right?
- Do you have de VWAP indicator in stockalyze? I could not find It.
- I have tried to simulate a specific setup but I don't have the full version. But I would like to know If it is possible. Follow below the setup:
     - Buy or sell If the second candle of the day goes up or down the High or Low of the previous candle (the first of the day).
     - Target: the percentual that is already in the tool.
     - Loss: One tick higher or lower of the first bar.
     - If the loss is hit the trade will be executed again in the opposite direction.

Regards,

Tulio.

Sacha

Hi Fernando,
Sorry for the late reply. Below are my responses to your query:
QuoteI have tested and It is perfectly working.
It does not not import duplicated files anymore and the exit of the trades in % are there.
Great to know it is working perfectly. :)

Quote- I believe that you are still thinking at how or when you are going to implement the functionalities that I told you about day trading. Am I right?
I actually have made up my mind to add these supports along with other features to make it more usable by day traders. I have been setting up the ground by making other changes that will be helpful in implementing these features. I hope you will hear soon from me that these features are making their entry into Stockalyze.

Quote- Do you have de VWAP indicator in stockalyze? I could not find It.
Stockalyze doesn't have VWAP indicator but do you know you can create it on your own in Stockalyze? I have been planning to create a demo video for this feature. I will let you know how to.

Quote- Buy or sell If the second candle of the day goes up or down the High or Low of the previous candle (the first of the day).
Yes, it is possible. You can try it in Lite Mode also, just that you will not be able to save the Trading Systems.

Quote- Loss: One tick higher or lower of the first bar.
I don't think I have understood it correctly. But most probably it is not there in Stockalyze. The improvements I am planning will have more elaborate stop loss settings and so probably this case will be handled too.

Quote- If the loss is hit the trade will be executed again in the opposite direction.
Stockalyze as of now doesn't do backtesting of short positions. This is another improvement in pipeline. Stay tuned you will hear soon about these features making their way into Stockalyze.

I hope I have answered you satisfactorily. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Sacha

As you had requested, I have added few new indicators to Stockalyze:

• ST       : Supertrend Indicator
  • RVI      : Relative Vigor Index
  • CE       : Chandelier Exit
  • VWAP     : Volume Weighted Average Price
  • MVWAP    : Moving Volume Weighted Average Price

Can you please download beta version and give it a try?

Regards,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends