Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

Lost Portfolios, Watchlists, Studies

Started by Jean-Luc, May 24, 2020, 12:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jean-Luc

Hi,

I just purchase your software yesterday and I entered manually my complete portfolios.
Unfortunately, the is no "save button" for portfolios and studies.

This morning, I have lost everything I did: Portfolios, Watchlists, Studies...(Damned!)

How do we keep our precious work with your software if there is no "Save" button?

Regards,

Sacha

This is very sad and we regret it.
Stockalyze saves portfolio and watchlist to the disk on close, which may not have worked for you if Stockalyze closed unexpectedly.

But, I take your suggestion, I will add a Save button too to ensure it gets saved if you want to be sure. A hot fix update will soon be coming.

Please let me know if you need any other help.

Regards,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Jean-Luc

Hi Sacha, thank you this "Save" button is a must indeed!

I was scared to put as much work into StockAlyze if I could not save it.
In the meantime you implement this "Save" button, could you confirm where the info is supposed to be stored?
Is it this file:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Lunetek Software\Stockalyze\data\price-hist.lyzdb ?

or here:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Lunetek Software\Stockalyze ?

Kindest regards,

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc

Aaaaahhh! :-\ :'( >:(

I just re-entered manually a complete portfolio and realized that there was a typo in the portfolio name.
I clicked on the button to rename the portfolio but .... it wasn't the "Rename" button, it was the "Remove" button!
Since there was no confirmation to delete the complete portfolio, I LOST everything AGAIN! (damned again!)

Could you please make sure to add a confirmation pop-up windows when the "Remove Portfolio" and "Remove WatchList" are clicked?
This will prevent your customer/user to lose their work in a lightning if they inadvertently click on the wrong button.

Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc

One more note:
I lost all my trading systems and all my indicators as well.

We must make sure that this "Save" button will really save everything...

Cheers,

Jean-Luc

Sacha

Stockalyze saves all data that was added by users in an appropriate file in location "%appdata%\Lunetek Software\Stockalyze".
*.lyzdb files are for caching price history.
I take your point about confirming before removal.

QuoteI lost all my trading systems and all my indicators as well.
Are you saying even built-in indicators and Trading Systems are removed?

Can you please confirm?
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Jean-Luc

Thank you, that will just help every users.  Saving and backup capabilities is a must.
No, only custom indicators and Trading Systems were removed (not saved).
Built-in indicators remained.

Cheers,

Jean-Luc

Sacha

Hi Jean -Luc,
Many thanks for your patience.

I have implemented all of this and you can use them in latest build which is now beta. Please download it from here and let me know if this is what you wanted.

Thanks,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Jean-Luc

Hi Sacha,

Thanks, I will look into this in the next few days and provide you with feedbacks.

Cheers,

Jean-Luc