Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

Stockalyze Stops Working

Started by Tony, March 09, 2023, 07:19:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I know it's something in my computer like a library that gets corrupted or something like that.

But, on occasion, even before this last update, if I try to change a chart template, or run a scan by importing stocks, that has unknown symbols, Stockalyze will stop working with the Windows 10 message indicating it has stopped working, with option to restart the program or close the program.

When I restart my computer Stockalyze runs fine with no problems.

Example:
After I downloaded and installed the update, I tried changing the Chart Template and Stockalyze crashed. Restarted my computer and everything was fine and still is after 24 hours running.

Thanks,
Tony

Sacha

Do you see stockalyze*.dmp files in folder "%localappdata%\CrashDumps"? If so then can you please send me those. If they are large then please upload them somewhere else and send me the link.

Also, please send the log files present in "%localappdata%\Lunetek Software\Stockalyze\logs" folder.
If you have any trouble please let me know. These information will be helpful in understanding what might be going wrong.

Thanks,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Tony

Sacha

Hi Tony,
Thanks for those files. I was able to see why the Stockalyze was closing unexpectedly. I have now fixed that behavior but the information these files had was not enough to pin point why exactly Stockalyze was getting into that situation. I will be glad if you report similar issues and any unexpected behavior. The fix I have made is to avoid closing of Stockalyze when it gets into that situation.
Please update Stockalyze to get the fixes I have done.

Happy Stockalyzing,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Tony

Thanks Sacha.

I'll take note of anything I see out of the ordinary.

Tony