Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

Trend lines in with Price LOG scale, wish list, reuse of charts

Started by Stephen, January 24, 2020, 03:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen

Hello Sasha:

I see that Stockalyze has IMPROVED a lot in the last few months!  GOOD SHOW....

SO first question:

I have started a stock commentary website, which right now is totally free... In a year or two, I plan to charge a small monthly fee.

QUESTION:   Can I reuse your charts on my site as a screen print?  In other words, I want to show a specific stock and its short and long term price objectives.   I will take screen prints from your Stockalyze app and reuse them on my site.   IS THAT OK?

============================================

Second question:

Trend line on LOG price scale.

I have noticed that if you make a two point Ray line on a LOG scale price chart, then MOVE the trend line up, the angle of the line changes.

I am not sure if this behavior is correct or not, cause I have not thought about it.

IF you make the same two-point Ray line on a LINEAR scale price chart, and move the trend line up, the angle of the trend line does NOT change.

======================

Sacha

QuoteQUESTION:   Can I reuse your charts on my site as a screen print?  In other words, I want to show a specific stock and its short and long term price objectives.   I will take screen prints from your Stockalyze app and reuse them on my site.   IS THAT OK?
It is OK. But you are requested to credit Stockalyze for the chart. Also, a link to stockalyze.com will be appreciated.
If you have not already discovered you can export chart from Stockalyze to variety of formats. You can certainly take screenshot but you can also export chart as images. Hit F8 in a chart and see if it is better than screenshot.

QuoteI have noticed that if you make a two point Ray line on a LOG scale price chart, then MOVE the trend line up, the angle of the line changes.
Annotation objects on chart are anchored on points defined by time and value. In log scale value axis (i.e. vertical axis) doesn't change linearly. When a line is moved it's both end points are moved by same amount. Log scale being non-linear make the two points move by different values on screen and so the angle changes. I think it is right behavior. If you think it should be different then I would like to know more about it.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends