Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

Some Thoughts and Questions

Started by Tony, May 16, 2018, 08:04:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Managing Trading Systems:
When you edit a trading system and OK. The Managing Trading Systems window shows the line selected in grey and not the "blue" selection color. Merely cosmetic.

Create New Chart:
Sometimes when I create a new chart. It doesn't become the "active" window. I have to bring it up from the windows taskbar. Is this a Windows 7 issue?

Trading System:
When you create a trading system, could you please explain the "M" and "N" days.
For example: if I look at the ADOSC System.
The subcondition says:
"MACD(12, 26, 9).MACD crosses MACD(12, 26, 9).MACDSignal from below during 5, and 0 previous days"
I don't understand the 5 and zero days. Is it saying any one of the past zero to five days. Or is it saying 5 days ago from current date (0)? Is it from highest number of days to lowest from current date?

Can TTM (Trailing 12 months) be added to the Periodicity Menu?

Thanks,
Tony

Sacha

QuoteWhen you edit a trading system and hit OK. The Managing Trading Systems window shows the line selected in grey and not the "blue" selection color. Merely cosmetic.
Yes, it's cosmetic. I will look into it anyway.
QuoteSometimes when I create a new chart. It doesn't become the "active" window. I have to bring it up from the windows taskbar. Is this a Windows 7 issue?
No it's not Windows 7 issue. But I have fixed it and will be available soon.
QuoteWhen you create a trading system, could you please explain the "M" and "N" days.
I wish I could have created explainer video for this. I will try to have a video explaining this. Anyways it is basically when you want a condition to have happened during a duration. So, "during 5, and 0 previous days" simply means during past 6 days (including today). Zero means on the day of evaluation. So if you are evaluating a condition for today then past 0 day will mean today. Had it been "during 5, and 1 previous days", it would have meant during 12 May and 16 May (including both these dates) as today is 17 May. I hope I have clarified it. :)
QuoteCan TTM (Trailing 12 months) be added to the Periodicity Menu?
I didn't get this. Periodicity is Daily, weekly, etc. how can TTM be as periodicity?

I hope my answer will be useful. In case you need further clarification please don't hesitate to ask it.

Thanks,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Tony

Thanks for your answers.
On the TTM issue I agree it shouldn't be a periodicity, but I was hoping for a quick key to show only the Daily Trailing Twelve Months. Many times I'm interested in the past 12-months from current day for back-testing etc.. (Current Date-252)???

Thanks
Tony

Sacha

You can try our upcoming version where you can show chart of desired duration by just a click: stockalyze.com/download/private/stockalyze_setup.exe.
Please let me know if it is what you wanted.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Tony

Thanks, Sacha. But I got an error after installation that Stockalyze can't start because a dll missing. See attached image.

Sacha

Hi Tony,
Sorry for this. Windows 7 is increasingly becoming problem. But I have now fixed it. Can you please try again?

Thanks,
Sacha.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Tony

Awesome.
This is better than I envisioned. Thank you.
I will work on upgrading to Windows 10 as I too am finding issues with staying "old school".
Thanks again for all you do to keep your product improving.

Tony

Tony

A couple of things. Extremely minor.
The %App folder name changed, but it was easy enough to figure out and I moved my portfolio and watchlist into the new folder. No biggie.

On the yearly buttons (1yr, 2yr, etc.) it takes the first trade day of the newest week and not the last traded day. The month choices use the last traded day and are fine. Could the yearly's also use the last trade day?

Thanks,
Tony

Tony

Oops. The registration info you gave me doesn't work with this version.
Error(58) Could not find matching data.

Thanks,
Tony

Sacha

QuoteThis is better than I envisioned. Thank you.
I am glad you liked. :)
QuoteThe %App folder name changed
It is done so that Stockalyze 2014 (the previous version) can run in parallel with newer version. We are now moving to subscription model only and so it was needed.
QuoteOn the yearly buttons (1yr, 2yr, etc.) it takes the first trade day of the newest week and not the last traded day. The month choices use the last traded day and are fine. Could the yearly's also use the last trade day?
Charts with yearly and more data range use weekly periodicity by default and weeks are labelled with the first day of the week and so I guess you might thought it takes only that day. While in reality open/high/low/close/volume are computed for the entire week. You can confirm this by going to Quote editor. Please confirm this is indeed the case.
QuoteOops. The registration info you gave me doesn't work with this version.
Error(58) Could not find matching data.
It is expected as we haven't yet released the product. You will receive the new info once newer version is released which will happen pretty soon. :)
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Tony

Thank you Sacha.

So far I like it. I can deal with the weekly data on the yearly charts, now that I have an understanding how the data is viewed.

Thanks again for this update.
Tony