Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

Forex and Stockalyze

Started by Ivan, March 21, 2019, 03:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivan

Greetings,
This software is a hidden gem. Still trying to understand it completely with all the features etc.
Problem I have is that I trade forex but can not find any pair?
Possible to hook up with a database and then read chart from there?
I will probably purchase the software since it almost have everything I need and helping out and support developer.
Great creation indeed! Bravo!

Sacha

Thanks for your kind words. These things keep us motivated.

Regarding forex, Stockalyze doesn't have direct support. But it saves and reads price data from sqlite database which you can see for yourself. I haven't tried but if you create the required price history tables in the database then certainly Stockalyze can pick them up.

You can try opening the lyzdb file present at %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lunetek Software\Stockalyze\data and make modifications to see how stockalyze picks them.
I am open to help you on this.

Also, we are planning to open the SDK that can make it possible to add plugin for data provision. Would you be willing to develop plugin for forex data download?

Regards,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Ivan

Greetings,

Thank you for your fast reply  8)
I will play with the database and see what I can come up with and if I hit a dead end I will contact you. If I had solid knowledge of programming I would have developed plugin and helped out. I only can do some basic Python programming which I use mainly for data extraction and manipulation. Give me some time with testing the software out and I will reply back with ideas.

I have scanned the whole market of softwares supporting point and figure charts and there aren't that many. Updata is the best candidate but the price of renting the application is off the chart. Not only that but then you have to pay for the feed and then you have to pay $100 /month. I rather use that money on leverage =)

Btw, the software works perfect on linux under wine.

Sacha

I haven't tried running Stockalyze on Linux.
Maybe I will give it a try. I did have a plan to support other platforms but didn't get time to make that work.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends