Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

Tiny toolbar button and proxy network support

Started by amritendu, April 26, 2019, 12:47:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amritendu

First, let me thank you for creating such a clutter-free and clean stock technical analysis software. I really liked it. But two issues are stopping me from using this software.

In Full HD display toolbar buttons are tiny!!! It is so small that it is impossible to use! So there is no way I can use the software. At least create some keyboard short cut or have some option to increase the size of toolbar buttons (both top and sidebar).

Currently, there is no way I can work through a proxy connection.  In a proxy network when I want to create a chart, it does not even show a message box that it does not work in a proxy network. It simply becomes non-responding!!! In a future version, please add internet proxy setting.

Thank you so much for letting us give our feedback.

Sacha

QuoteFirst, let me thank you for creating such a clutter-free and clean stock technical analysis software. I really liked it. But two issues are stopping me from using this software.

Thanks for your appreciation, rest assured your issues will be resolved.

QuoteIn Full HD display toolbar buttons are tiny!!! It is so small that it is impossible to use! So there is no way I can use the software. At least create some keyboard short cut or have some option to increase the size of toolbar buttons (both top and sidebar).

Many tool buttons do have shortcuts and all functionalities that are available through toolbars are also available through menus. So, you can still use Stockalyze. But I understand visible and usable toolbar is better and faster way to work with software. I will work on it soon.

QuoteCurrently, there is no way I can work through a proxy connection.  In a proxy network when I want to create a chart, it does not even show a message box that it does not work in a proxy network. It simply becomes non-responding!!! In a future version, please add internet proxy setting.

Thanks for reporting it. Stockalyze actually tries to find the proxy settings itself and applies it. May be you have hit a bug, sorry for that. Can you please share the details about your proxy settings, like what kind of proxy setting it is, a simple ip-address or wpad based.

I assure you that your issues will be resolved.

Regards,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Sacha

Hi Amritendu,
I have fixed the issue of tiny tool buttons on HD screen.  Can you please download and run https://stockalyze.com/download/private/stockalyze_setup.exe ?
It's not official release yet but equivalent. You don't need to uninstall, just run the new installer.

Regarding issue of use of proxy, I want to see this issue myself. It will give me better idea about what exactly is the problem. As I said Stockalyze has mechanism in place to detect proxy settings and use that automatically. Since it is not working in your case I would like to have a look. Can we work together? Remotely of course, we can use Google Chrome Remote Desktop and I will be able to see the issue and get some information regarding proxy setting so that I can fix it.
Waiting for your response.

Regards,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

amritendu

Hi Stockalyze team,

Thanks for fixing the tiny tool problem. Unfortunately, working through remote desktop won't be possible for me. Anyway, thanks for your concern.

Regards,

Amritendu

Sacha

That's fine if Remote Desktop is not possible.
Would it be possible for you to share the dump file with me?
   When Stockalyze is not responding, in task manager you can right-click on stockalyze.exe and select 'Create dump file'. You can refer to the attachment. Please do this after you install the private build I had shared.
This will help me solve the problem. I hope it will be possible for you to do.

Thanks & regards,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends