Please review Stockalyze: https://g.page/r/CYw4g9KFTD6FEAI/review.

Intraday Charting (beta version) is released

Started by Sacha, July 07, 2019, 04:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sacha

New update of Stockalyze is going to have a much sought after feature, intraday charting (aka realtime charting). We are pleased to announce that intraday charting is beta ready. Please download beta version and give it a try.
Your suggestions and feedback are most welcome.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Irwan

Questions about Intraday Charting:

1. Will Yahoo and AlphaVantage both supported for intraday data? Do both of these providers provide real time data or 15 minute delayed data?

2. Is the beta version capable of doing a backtest on intraday charts, e.g. MACD on crossover on 60 minute chart?

3. Are alerts supported on intraday charts, e.g. alert if RSI > 60 on 15 minute chart?

Thank you.

Irwan

Hi Sacha,

i download the beta version and want to try it but i come only in lite mode.

I have perpetual license and i can run Stockalize 2014 only. Do i have to buy again license?

Please advise

Sacha

Sorry for late reply, I am travelling and so the delay.

Yahoo doesn't support realtime. As of now only Alphavantage can be used for intraday data. And the data is realtime without delay. You can plot 1min, 2min, 3min, 5min, 15min, 30min, and 60min intraday chart.

Backtest and alerts on intraday data are not supported yet but will soon be added.

Intraday will work for you if you had bought Stockalyze within last one year.
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Irwan

Hi Sacha,

Thank you for the explanation.

i usually use Metastock data for Stockalize, but now i want to try using Yahoo and AlphaVantage.

What do i have to do to change the data source? Do i have to download first the historical quotes from Yahoo and AlphaVantage?

Are documents available to set up Stockalize to use Yahoo and AlphaVantage?

Thanks

Sacha

Hi Irwan,
I completely forgot to respond to this.
If you haven't found it yet you can follow https://stockalyze.com/help/manual/topics/change-database.html to know how to change Database in Stockalyze.

Please let me know if you need any help.
Regards,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends

Irwan

Hi Sacha,

thank you for your reply, i have the following questions:

- are there special instructions how to configure and use AlphaVantage?
- is the use of AlphaVantage free or does it need a special AlphaVantage subscription?
- when will the general release be available and when will intraday backtest and intraday alerts be available?

Thanks

Sacha

Setting up AlphaVantage is easy. I will add an enlightening video for that but we do have a video for setting up another data provider Tiingo. AlphaVantage setup is almost identical. You can see the enlightening video for setting up Tiingo here. It will be helpful for setting up AlphaVantage too.

Use of AlphaVantage (as well as Tiingo) is free with limitation. The limitation is about how much data you can download. For example AlphaVantage allows data for only 5 stocks within a minute. Stockalyze has built-in mechanism to give best experience with this limitation. You can give it a try. If you want you can upgrade the AlphaVantage subscription to remove the limitation.

We are planning to release the next version very soon (without intraday-backtest and intraday-alert). But son after the release we will add these features.

Regards,
Sacha
Stockalyze Support
Let's be friends